Let’s talk about shoes.
Several types of shoes exist in this world; shoes for men, shoes for women and unisex shoes.
We all love to wear these different shoes to give us a bright and classy look.
But of the shoes that women wear vary, depending on who the person is and what they prefer.
Some women might like to wear flat shoes like ballet flats, while others love heels shoes.
Depending on whichever you are, you definitely have your preference.
For some, block heels might go better with them; for others, it might be straight tiny heels.
And for some, they love pointed toes flat shoes; some others might want rounded toes or oval toes flat shoes.
The most important thing about any of your options is that comfort should be your most searched possession.
That is, no matter the shoe you decide to select, you should be comfortable wearing them.
However, there has been an ongoing argument that what types of shoes are better, heels or flats?
This article will show you some interesting facts about both types of shoes.
Flat shoes are a great idea for church, office wear, casual outings, depending on the outfit that fits.
They come in different colours, designs and forms.
However, wearing flat shoes comes with its good and bad sides.
A report says that those that wear flat shoes have many health benefits.
Here are some benefits of flat shoes
- You are less susceptible to injuries.
- Wearing flat shoes make your calves more relaxed
- You can move freely and walk long distances without feeling tired or having leg pain. Also, you can do more body movement activities by thinking twice due to the balance that comes from the flatness.
- With flat shoes like sports shoes, ballet shoes, you are able to protect your arches. You can avoid putting pressure on sensitive areas like your toes and heels.
- You are more productive working with flat shoes.
Other benefits with flat shoes that are not health-related includes
- If you are looking for vulnerable and versatile pairs of shoes with any outfit, flats shoes come to play. They should be a must-have in your wardrobe.
- And they are the safer and go-to option. Dry, rain, windy, flat shoes can work in the rainy season.
However, it would take you by surprise to discover that flat shoes also have disadvantages to your health.
On a day to day level, most people prefer to wear flat shoes, mainly because they have reasons to move around. However, it doesn’t mean that they don’t affect you.
Flat shoes do not offer instep support, so it causes the arches of the feet to fall.
Another effect it can have is that the muscle of the feet can contract, which can lead to leg conditions like plantar fasciitis.
Those who constantly wear flat shoes with pointed toes could lead to bunions.
Bunions are really painful foot complications, and if not treated on time, it leads to blisters and sores.
Also, shoes with pointed toes could lead the toes to take an unnatural position.
Other effects of flat shoes include stinky feet, accidents, infection, etc.
Other things you should know.
- You should avoid wearing flat shoes with thin soles as this leads to fallen arches.
- Also, you can get supportive insoles that would help support our steps. This would help to prevent the arches of your feet from falling.
- You might need to go for corrective surgeries for bunions and repositioning of the toes. The surgery would help the toes heal and position them to their natural state.
- Get shoes that you can wiggle your toes at the crown. This would help protect your toes from repositioning into an unnatural state.
- And the most important solution is to choose comfort. Once a shoe is causing you discomfort, look for a shoe or ladies flat sandal you can wear to ease whatever discomfort.
- You shouldn’t wear flats that are too big unless they can make you trip. And don’t wear flats that are too tight unless you can cause your feet to get injuries or get an infection. Putting on a tight shoe without air coming in could lead to a leg odour.
- It would also be good if you free your feet as they need breathing space. So you can invest in slippers or sandals that have open spaces.
- Although flat shoes are good, some of them should be worn restrictedly. Like ballet shoes, they don’t have much shock absorber, which makes you prone to accidents with your heel. Also, flip flops can be free, but they also have an effect on your health. When worn for too long, they begin to affect your knees, hips and back and generally affects how you walk.
There are several types of heels you can wear, block heels, tiny heels, low heels, high heels, etc.
They come in different colours and styles which adds class and beauty to you.
But are they really good for you? And should you always wear them regularly?
When walking on heels, you should know that the focus of your strength is on your ankle and the ball of the shoe.
And this gives you stability and balance.
Benefits of wearing heels
- Heels help in the realignment of posture especially heels with low heels. If you were the type that doesn’t stand straight before, you begin to stand straight.
- They offer support for tendons which reduces the need for overstretching.
- An interesting one about heels is that you can burn calories. Although this is more of speculation, reports have recommended this for losing weight.
- Also, they strengthen the muscles of the lower legs and the ankles. And it helps to reduce less fat in the calves.
Asides from the health benefit of heels, here are other benefits.
- You look and feel taller with heels, especially if you wear high ones. And for some people, this might be a confidence booster. You can look like you have longer legs or slimmer physiques. This is because heels affect the general body; the back is arched, the chest is pushed out, and the buttock sticks.
However, on a day to day level, wearing heels might be susceptible to your health.
Why is this so?
Wearing heels for too long can put so much pressure on the ankle and the feet.
And if this goes on can lead to worst-case altering the toes and causing bunions to form, causing blisters and sores.
To avoid altering the feet, it is better to always have a pair of ladies flat sandals or slippers that can ease the pressure on your legs.
Also, heels can cause the archille tendon to shrink, putting you at the risk of having an injury.
Other things that you should know.
- Wearing too high heels can affect your posture.
- Also, if you will wear heels for a recommended amount of time, wear the ones with a lower inch, maybe an each or two. Also, you can consider block heels, for extra comfort.
- Another reason you should consider heels with lower heels or slight heels is that your arche would lift, and the tendons in your feet would be moved correctly.
- To protect your legs against sores and blisters, ensure that there is enough cushioning at the front of your toe. Putting pressure on the toes
- You should buy shoes that don’t tighten your feet, so they don’t take a natural shape. When selecting heels to buy, make sure you can wiggle your toes at the crown of your shoes.
Conclusion, So flat shoes or heels
The two shoe types come with their own baggage, and they also have benefits asides from the beauty that they add to a person’s fit.
There would be no reason to choose between both of them as different people have their preferences for shoes.
However, what is essential is choosing a comfortable shoe of good quality.
But to create a balance between flat shoes and heels, you can alternate between them.
This will limit the amount of pressure you put on your feet and help in your posturing.
You can decide to wear flats while going to work and during work hours wear your heels.
And you can decide to wear any of them but not for too long.
Although you should know what fits the context around you and what doesn’t.
This would guide in your decision of shoe to wear asides your preference.